Constellation: Cet
Data: mag 11  size 3 Arc Min
Position: RA :  DEC :
I was hoping for a little better on this one.  All the logs I have read
mentioned how bright M77 was.  Well, I expected something a little more
dramatic, I guess.  It was easily found just east of Star 82  in Cetus. It
was obvious at 59 power and was almost stellar.  At 118x, it was clearly
not stellar and had about a 3 arc minute haze surrounding the bright core. It
was definately worth the trip, but I guess my expectations got the best of me.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: