Observation Poster: Shane Sweeney <shane_sweeney@hotmail.com>

Observer: Shane Sweeney
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 01/04/03 06:15 UT
Location of site: Tahlequah, OK, USA (Lat 35 9', Elev 250M)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: 7 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 4" Off Axis Dobsonian f10
Magnification: 30x 80x
Filter(s): None
Object(s): Rigel 19 Beta Orionis
Category: Multiple star.
Class: Double Star
Constellation: Orion
Data: mag 0.1-6.7  size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Had split Rigel before but wanted to verify tonight with a friend. Was no sign
 at 30x but at 80x using a Harry Seibert 12.5mm saw companion in the upper
 left from Rigel in my inverted feild. Turned my helical focuser to verify it
 wasn't an internal
 reflection, it stayed put. Very dim at first but after getting used to what I
 was looking at became obvious with direct vision. My friend is a beginner and
he saw it too. This DGM 4.0 is an impressive instrument for only $800 and is great for doubles because of lack of difraction spikes and no false color.

--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: