Constellation: Gemini
Data: mag 5.1  size 28'
Position: RA 06:08  DEC +24:20
Very rich open cluster. Trumpler type III 2 m. The integrated magnitude is 5.1 visual. The brightest star is of magnitude 8.18 visual. The size is 28'. Many chains of stars, the middle seems empty. On the edge of the centre is a bright white star. There is a bright orange/yellowish star at the end of the chain in the northern direction. I can detect no nebulosity or a glow of unresolved stars. There are a lot of pairs of stars. From the 200+ stars I detected abouth 60.

For a drawing visit my homepage:  http://www.backyard-astro.com
A site for amateur astronomers. Look in The Deepsky section, Logs
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.backyard-astro.com
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: