Constellation: Her
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Last Saturday was my first observation of M13 since last fall when it was
lost to the sunset. It amazed me once again in its size and brightness.
 At 205x, the entire cluster was clearly resolved and bright with masses
of stars forming shapes and knots sprawled throughout the cluster.
Taking advantage of the great seeing, I went to 310x and almost fell off
my stepstool. I was peering directly into the center of the core. At 310x,
the outer portions of the Halo spilled outside the FOV. I then went to 410x
and was able to look through the thousands of tightly packed the central
core stars and out through to the space behind. My best view of M13 to
 date. One of these days, I'll have to get behind some really big glass
to check this baby out.

--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: