Constellation: Corvus
Data: mag   size
Position: RA 12:35  DEC -12:01
Star 20 from Phil Harrington's "The Deep Sky, an Introduction"
Also known as Stargate or Delta-Wing Starship.
 A triange within a triangle. A beautiful sight and easy to find.
 From Delta Corvi move to Eta Corvi. Center Eta Corvi in your field of view.
Go North for about 3 degrees. and you will see a triangle of stars in your finderscope. The point of the triangle points in the direction of two fainter stars, which stand close together. They can just be detected in a my 8x50 finderscope.
These two stars are the two brightest of Star 20, an asterism of 6 stars.
magnitude ranging from 7 to 11.

A sketch and finder-chart can be found on my website
http://www.backyard-astro.com
in the "astro-weblog" and "the Deepsky" logs.
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.backyard-astro.com
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: