Constellation: UMa
Data: mag 13.00  size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Actually it's not a difficult pickup in 100x. Rather large- at least 1' wide.
Round, either a face-on or elliptical. Seems to brighten a little bit towards
the center and I'm definitely getting a stellar nucleus in averted vision.
It's actually brighter than I would expect, given the magnitude. Diffuses
pretty evenly outward. It's a little too dim to pull out much in the way of
detail. I just got a hint that maybe a sector of it is perhaps a little brighter than the rest, maybe on the north side. If I had to give it an
elongation, I'd give it an E-W oval shape the more I look at it, but it's
difficult to tell.

--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: