Constellation: Mon
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Last night, I was able to log my first observation of Thors Helmet. I was
pleasantly suprised how easy it was to observe at the eyepiece. The "horns" were
easily observed angling down and to the left.  The southern horn was the
brighter of the two. To the right of the brightest porting of nebula, I was also
able to see the fainter diffuse portion with little difficulty. Suprisingly, it
looks more like a viking helmet at the eyepiece than in photos. This was the
object of the night.  Definitely worth a look.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: