Constellation: Lyr
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Well, I almost felt like I was cheating using glass that big, but whoah....
Observing with "big" glass is fun!!  We looked for the central star at medium
power and were not successful. The field stars showed easily and crisp.  The
tight double to the side of the ring was seen easily and split with no problem,
but still no central star.  I popped in my 5.9mm wide field eyepiece producing
689x and it was easy and direct vision.  We were also able to see the
second star inside the ring at the 1 o'clock position. It was more difficult and
only seen with averted vision. Even with average seeing conditions, the central
star is a sinch with lots of magnification and a big mirror.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: