Location: Iola, Kansas (Long: 95o24'W, Lat: 37o55'N)
Equipment: Discovery DHQ 8" dobsonian
Eyepieces: 1.25" Ploessls - 25mm (49x), 15mm (81x), 10mm (122x), 6mm (203x)
Date/Time: 05 May 2004, 10:00pm CDT
Transparency: Clear (8/10)
Seeing: Stable (8/10)
Moon: Full, but just below or at horizon
Weather: Temperatures in the low 60s. There was a light breeze. Relative
humidity was about 68%

Object(s): Struve1905
Category: Multiple star.
Constellation: UMi
Data: Mag 8.3, 8.4; Sep 2.9"
Position: RA: 14h 56m 48s | Dec: +70o 50'

I knew that the Moon would be rising within a few hours of sunset
tonight, but the twilight sky was so beautiful, I just had to set up
my telescope. Knowing the sky would never get truly dark tonight, I
opted for some double stars. The "Spirit of 33" double star observers
have picked Ursa Minor this month. This constellation is well-placed
in my sky, so I picked some of the easier ones from their list.
--
This double is fairly faint, but both stars are about equal
brightness. The tight pair could be separated at 122x, but the