Constellation: Dra
Data: mag 10,3v  size 11x1,5'
Position: RA :  DEC :
Extremely thin edge-on galaxy that reveals detail even at 131x. I could easily
see the dark lane running along the W side of the galaxy but, it was visible
only near the brighter center part. The central brightening stretches over
some 3x1’ with the overall size of 5907 being approx 10x1,3’. At 342x I could
see some mottled structure in the outer regions of 5907. 2 faint 14mag stars
are visible close to the N end and just W of the center of 5907. Surprisingly
low surface brightness but very spectacular object.

--
Optional related URLs: