Constellation: Sag
Data: mag 6.0  size 11.0'
Position: RA 18:20.8  DEC -16:11
Swan shape very evident without any imagination at all.  My first
scope was a 70mm refractor and I almost had to imagine that there was
a swan there.  Now there is no question.  West of the swan is a bright
yellow star, Burhnam's says it is around mag 9, sounds about right.
below the swan, pointing north is a triangle asterism of stars, with
the apex pointing north.  With a UHC filter the visible nebulosity
doubles in size.  The triangle asterism is filled completely.  East
are 3 bright stars: yellow due east, and double yellow star SE.

The swans tail is extended very broadly well out of the FOV.  The swan
figure remains the brightest and most conspicuous, the rest is very
delicate, almost like a bit fog on the eyepiece.  Very pretty.
--
Optional related URLs: