Constellation: Sgr
Data: mag 9.28  size 3.9'
Position: RA 18h 55m  DEC -22° 42'
Very interesting globular cluster very close to nu2
Sagittarii. I have not seen it while searching for it
at 100x, but when viewing at 100x it was clearly seen,
specially when the glow of 5th magnitude star was
removed from the field of view; then it was visible
directly. It was small, not so faint, and uniform,
without hints of central brightening. At its ends it
was fading out relatively fastly, and I got impression
that it has got a very fait halo around it which was
simply wiped out with nu2 Sgr's glow. Sketch is
available at the URL mentioned below.
--
Optional related URLs: http://natkobajic.netfirms.com