Constellation: Sgr
Data: mag 7.87  size 7.8'
Position: RA 18h 43m  DEC -32° 18'
Globular cluster between Ascella and Kaus Australis,
pretty bright and mid-sized. It reminds a lot to
nearby M 69 in brightness, size and light
distribution; it is just a bit fainter. Brightening
toward center is weak, but can be noticed easily.
Globular fades out slowly at the edges. Any power
didn't give me any details. There are two interesting
star patterns in the vicinity. Sketch is available at
the URL mentioned below.
--
Optional related URLs: http://natkobajic.netfirms.com