(IAAC) Obj: NGC6934 - Inst: 4.5" Homemade Dobson reflector, f/8

  Observer: Ante Perkovic
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: July 22nd 2004., 0:30h
Location of site: Kasjuni beach, Split, Croatia (Lat. 43.5 N, Elev. 0m)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 5.0 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 5 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 4.5" Homemade Dobson reflector, f/8 ("babydob")
Magnification: 25x, 48x, 79x, 140x
Filter(s): None
Object(s): NGC6934
Category: Globular cluster
Class:
Constellation: Del
Data: mag 8.9  size 2.0'
Position:
25x: The cluster is at the end of the line of 3 stars
  with mags 9 to 10.5. The closest star is 2' to the
  W while remaining 2 stars are 8' and 10', respectively,
  to the W of the cluster. The cluster and 3 stars looks
  like this 4 characters: * .   . .
  The cluster appeared to almost touch the neighboring
  star and I estimated it's diameter to be 3'. This is
  the first time that some globular looks bigger to me
  than it really is. Usually, my estimated diameters are
  between 1/3 and 1/5 of the real diameter!
48x: The cluster shrinks a little, but it's still as big as 2'30"!
79x: With direct vision, I see a uniform moderately bright
  nebula. Averted vision shows central brightening. I
  called my friend Igor to help me estimate the diameter
  of the cluster by comparing its diameter with the
  distance (1'52") between the cluster center and the
  neighbouring star. His diameter estimate was 2'40,
  while mine was 2'. I finally confined this cluster to
  its real borders :).
140x: The cluster looks even smaller!