Constellation: Aql
Data: mag 11,4v  size 110"
Position: RA :  DEC :
NGC6781 is fairly bright and appears as a uniform round disk (approx 2'
diameter) at 131x. It reminded me immediately of M97. At 342x the nebula
appears annular with averted vision. The SW edge is brighter than the opposite
side. The planetary darkens a little bit towards the center. There I could not
see any sign of a central star. I did see a faint star at the NE edge of the
nebula. Difficult object under less than perfect observing conditions.

--
Optional related URLs: