Constellation: Sgr
Data: mag 8.8  size 20' x 10'
Position: RA 19h 45m  DEC -14° 48'
After several attempts with 120mm refractor, this
night I tried to dig up this LSB with 8" reflector. At
50x I have found a very faint glow elongated in E-W
direction, while listed direction is more to N-S. But,
obviously, that was Barnard's galaxy, actually just
its central part. It was quite large, but notably
smaller than listed, with very little central
brightening noted just by me. To other observer it
seemed completely uniform, with edges fading out
slowly. I was trying to locate its diffuse nebulae,
but they were not visible, entire galaxy was very
faint. Unfortunately, we didn't had acess to UHC
filter. Sketch is available at mentioned URL.
--
Optional related URLs: http://natkobajic.netfirms.com