Constellation: Cyg
Data: mag 11,3v  size 8"
Position: RA :  DEC :
Despite a 10d moon I decided to hunt a few bright planetaries as the sky was
extremely clear. I started with PK64+5.1 and was impressed.
At 131x the object was clearly non-stellar, bright and very red. At 244x I
could see the brighter 10mag central star surrounded by a fainter red disk. The
star did appear almost colorless, the nebula though was deep red. Phantastic!
At 342x the planetary's disk did show signs of a ring structure but, the seeing
was not good enough to confirm that. Maybe I was just an optical effect due to
the high brightness of the central star.
At 342x the color was not as intense as at lower power but still very strong.
Very interesting object unlike any other planetary I know.
--
Optional related URLs: