Constellation: Sgr
Data: mag 3.1  size 95' x 35'
Position: RA 18:27  DEC -18:23
In Sagittarius, at ~7° N of Kaus Borealis. It is said that M24 is a perfect object for the binoculars. Made this observation this night will not contradict this fact since this cluster is of an incredible beauty with my 9x63. Dimensions of this cluster pratically fills up the field of my instrument (5,4°) and I distinguish between 20 and 25 stars individually. In background, a nebulosity is very definitely perceptible.
--
Optional related URLs: