Constellation: Aur
Data: mag 7.0  size 6'
Position: RA 05:20  DEC 39:21
Just at the S of Lambda Aur. By examining the chart of my SkyAtlas, this open cluster would encircle a star of magv ~7 (SAO 57903). It is the same kind of open cluster as NGC 1502, in the Giraffe, except that NGC 1857 is smaller in size (6'). Unfortunately, there is not the shade of nothing in this area. On the other hand, SAO 57903 is a part of a trapezoid of stars with the same magnitude and, in the center of this trapezoid, I see an object of fuzzy appearance. The SkyAtlas does not indicate the presence of an object in this area. Checking with my computer, this object is, in fact, a trio of 3 stars very close magv between 8,8 and 10,2. Most brilliant of the trio is TYC 2913-2270-1.
--
Optional related URLs: