Constellation: COM
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
A wonderful sight! The galaxy is very bright and very extended. The dark lane
that bisects it was very obvious, and with some effort and averted vision, I
detected subtle mottling towards the exterior of the galaxy. If it were a
Messier object, it would probably be considered one of the showpiece galaxies
of the night sky. I also noticed a nearby faint smudge of light, NGC 4562, which was featureless at nearly 14th magnitude.
--
Optional related URLs: