Constellation: Vulpecula
Data: mag   size
Position: RA 20:3  DEC +23:
At x40 (25mm) with a Deep Sky filter we have an opaque smudge at the
center of the lens in the vicinity of some 5th magnitude stars. Easily
found if you jump up off Eta Sagittae c. 4 degrees NW. I do not even
discern movement. (Scratch use of Deep Sky: just a test!) 14 Vupeculae
clearly seen in the field at this magnification.

Without the filter we have more of the cottony texture, and that characteristic if slight nervous jiggling of the mass.

At x109 (9.7mm Plössel with eyecup for relief and OIII filter) on my laterally-light polluted balcony two stories up, I see the lens nearly filled with the apparition. The cottony mass seems to perform a "Dutchman Breeches" sort of dance, up and down, where there is a distinct "flipping" of one section of the gaseous mass of white at the southern base, replaced by galactic darkness from (behind)?  For a night of not the darkest sky, even with the clarity of zenith seeing at this time of night, and the Moon down,it is a fair view.
--
Optional related URLs: