Constellation: Cygnus
Data: mag   size
Position: RA 20:.c  50  DEC c. +30:
The streak of snake-like stars curling into a head
leads down to 6960 and 52 Cygni. Other snake-like
asterisms between this and 6952 to W which I do not
 observe. Around 6960 the only giveaway that there
are filaments is a metallic reflecting of light squibs
in the background that do not quite achieve "light"
(in the white sense at least). If you stare at 52 Cygni
long enough you start to think you see the veil of light.
I see NGC 6879 by accident and in averted vision, see the
off metallic, metal-foil reflecting of tiny light points
going on in the nebula. What's most impressive at zenith
is the cool darkness and the Milky Way. I alternate with
x40 (25mm Kellners) and and a 20 er lens fitted with the
Deep Sky.
nebula.
--
Optional related URLs: