Observation Poster: Vedran Vrhovac <vedran_vrhovac@yahoo.con>

Observer: Vedran Vrhovac
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 30.10.2005. 22:45UT
Location of site: Velika Gorica (Lat 45.7, Elev 105)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 6.10 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 5 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 200mm F6 Dobson
Magnification: 80x
Filter(s):
Object(s): M74
Category: External galaxy.
Class:
Constellation: Pis
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
It stopped raining about 3 hours ago so there was no haze or fog.
I was able to count 14 stars in The Great Square of Pegasus wich rendered limiting magnitude of 6.10.
After observing M31 with NGC206, M33 and M2 I turned scope to Pisces to find M74.
The galaxy appeared as small cloud of light, maybe 1 arc minute in diamater sorounded with very faint halo extending about 3-5 arc minutes.
I wonder how was Messier able to see this galaxy in 3 inch telescope.
--
Optional related URLs: