Constellation: LMi
Data: mag   size 45'
Position: RA 10:10  DEC 31:30
In Leo Minor, at ~ 4° SSE of 21 LMi. This asterism takes the shape of a sailing boat, from where its nickname.  The hull being in north and the mast and the veil in the south.  An instrument reversing the image would allow a better appreciation of this pretty star regrouping.  The poop is occupied by 22 LMi. With the 9x63, I count 11 stars forming the unit, 8 of them represent the hull and 3 others the mast.  The stars constituting the bridge, 4, are the brightest.  I also note 4 other stars of average brightness and the 3 last are weakest.  Nice object!
--
Optional related URLs: