Constellation: Vir
Data: mag 10.0  size 7.8 x 1.8
Position: RA 12:16  DEC 13:09
In Virgo, at ~ 6° E of Denebola (Bêta Leo). I can observe this spiral only with averted vision. By studying the galaxy more in details, I perceive a lengthening of the object in an orientation NS, which, after viewing a DSS image, is in conformity with reality. The object is very weak (magv = 10,0), at the limit of my binoculars. I observe an other object, exactly at the position of galaxy NGC 4206 (magv = 12,0, not ehough bright for 9x63). I am unaware of what can be this “appearance” since there is no regrouping of weak stars at this precise spot.
--
Optional related URLs: