Constellation: Cas
Data: mag 8.1  size 4.5'
Position: RA 01:35.7  DEC 61:17
In Cassiopeia, at ~ ¾ ° NE of M103. Tr 1 is an extremely small open cluster, one
of smallest than it was given to me to observe. Its tiny size gives him a
stellar appearance. I confirmed this observation with Herald-Bobroff AstroAtlas
and by alternating direct vision with the averted vision by using star HD 9696.
When I employed the averted vision, the star and Tr 1 appeared but when I
returned to the direct vision, only HD 9696 continued to be visible. Without
surprises, no individual star was observed. The open clusters NGC 663, NGC 659,
NGC 654 and M103 in the same FOV.
--
Optional related URLs: