Constellation: Tau
Data: mag 7.0  size 17'
Position: RA 05:10.7  DEC 16:32
In Taurus, at ~ 8¼ degree E of Aldebaran. With NGC 1817, NGC 1807 is the double
cluster in Taurus. From both, NGC 1807 is the brightess and shows very compact
aspect. The stars composing the object gives a triangular shape to the cluster,
the point of the triangle directed towards the SE. More precisely, star HD 33428
constitutes this point. As the object is very compact, that makes very difficult
to observe stars individually. Despite everything, I detect a star curve in the
center of the cluster and 2 stars forming this curve can be observed
individually, HD 33428 and TYC 1282-550-1. Also, I perceive a weak gleam of
background which represents components of the cluster unsolved at 9x.
--
Optional related URLs: