Constellation: Monoceros
Data: mag   size
Position: RA 6hr:38.4n  DEC 09:56
At x25 see the entire asterism to include the Cone Nebula at S. tip,
the EGG (star forming) region similar to that of the Eagle Nebula not
visible. The field is over 30´ with this power. At X25 the N. "base"
 central star at mag 6 or so has a small dusting of outliers which at
 x80, reveal three sets of pairs at the same or similar mag (8-10?)
around the 6th (or so) mag star. At this time of the year the asterism
sinks into the west, giving me a finer, easier view than it would in
 mid-winter. And yes, I see the resemblance to a Christmas tree. Stunning
sight.
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.geocities.com/kentauruscom/NAR_home.htm