Constellation: Coma Berenices
Data: mag 8  size < 5'
Position: RA 13h:10.5m  DEC +18:c.20
At all points I see a faint smear 1-3´(across) the roundish shape and glow like
a very dim lamp. Best found by finding a double-triangle asterism to its direct
N and then, on the right side triangle, scanning down a degree or so. I see it
very faintly with 10 x 50 Nikon Lookout II binoculars on a night like tonight,
moon down five days or so ago. Alpha Comae is a few degrees further S, S.E.

Filters UCH and Deep Sky show a tiny bit of definition. Still no outliers but
I get a granular view in this tightly compacted ball. Averted vision reveals
more of this and some small lanes. You know: a sandy texture.

I did NOT see the neighbor NGC 5053, even if at lower power (X25, X40)and with
a filter/ without, had the object right in the same ocular, to include the pair
a few seconds of arc N.

Burnham indicated that this globular has one of the lowest luminosities
recorded.

This object is a bit of a challenge for light polluted skies. It took awhile to
find this.
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.geocities.com/kentauruscom/NAR_home.htm