Constellation: Peg
Data: mag 14.8 (gal), 17+ each cross component
Position: RA 22:40.5  DEC +03:20
My final trial for this great and steady night of a series of observations. Knew it would be extremely hard or even impossible, but after success in most of the Abell planetaries, UGC galaxies and Palomar globulars I made out just before, which were not visible few nights before I gained lot of self confidence and hope. First I have found exact position of the galaxy at 406x, which was not visible at first glance as of constant looking to the LCD screen, then, after some adaptation switched to 1118x. Already at lower power I saw it would be extremely hard as everything was so smaller and fainter - galaxy center was not visible at all. Switching to that very high power I had still quite clear image, as I checked on the nearby star. So I could definitely resolve some 1 arcsecond between the components. But where are they? After some jerking with averted vision and raping the eye I was able to see galaxy's center as a fuzzy patch of light. Remember, I had only about 2,5' FOW
 so could definitely see it was not stellar, but quite large - such as those 4-5 arcseconds that the Cross should be. But unfortunately nothing more. It was so faint I could only hold it steadily with averted vision and after half and hour or more got so tired of trying that it disappeared sompletely. Although, at some moments, it seemed to me the core was not round but more like a square even with prominent tops, I can only think it is more likely averted imagination. So, negative report for Einstein's Cross or Q2237+030. I should wait an opportunity for at least few inches larger scope.