[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Low radiant elevation

Lew,

Whether it's possible to see a meteor from a radiant that's 45 deg below the
horizon or not may not be the proper question to ask.  I think it should be
stressed for practical reasons as to what are your odds of seeing one?  I can
often recall from various major showers, the so few shower candidates when
the radiant is less than 30 minutes (7 1/2 deg) below the horizon.  Your
chances to actually see one that came from a radiant 45 deg below the
horizon, I would stand to chance better odds with winning the super lotto!
 If you did indeed see one, there would be so much doubt that you would have
no choice but to call it a sporadic to err on the side of reality.
George Zay