[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Eyes,Mind,Sensory Deprivation.

At 02:48 PM 5/14/96 -0400, Lew Gramer wrote:

>George's point about sleeping before a session is well-taken. Just a warning
>that napping will affect different people differently, however. It actually
>kills me for at least a half-hour after I wake up, so I don't like to do it.

This is exactly what happens to me too, therefore I never nap during a
session, only before I ever go out. While I am setting up and getting ready
for the night, I eventually "wake up" to the point I can begin observing.

>BTW, is there any group which tracks or studies ecliptical dust observations?
>I'd imagine it's more of a professional field, but have the IMO or AMS
>published anything on the topic in recent years? Just curious...

Actually, there was a group that did this I belive, somewhere in Canada I
think. I'll look through my old journals and notes and see if I can dig
anything up. If I do, I'll post it to the mailing list for all to see...

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Awendaw, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network (NAMN)
Assistant Recorder, ALPO Meteors Section
Visit the NAMN home page at:
	http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html