[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: NLC displays

NLC should be equally prevalent in dusk and dawn, but more observers
are up and about for the former!
Latitude distribution should be >50 degrees, but recent observations
by Brausch in North Dakota at 45 deg N have put the cat among the
pigeons! From my southern English location at 51 deg N, I have seen
several excellent NLCs in the last couple of years, but these never
extend more than 15 degrees altitude above the N horizon...
We're all on alert in the UK from about now on - June and July are
the times, best in the last week of June in the last three years!
Displays have been seen as early as mid May, and as late as about
August 10. Given the low solar activity, we are hopeful of good
things in the summer of 96.
Neil Bone