[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: June Arietids

Gary,

I guess micrometeorites float down faster than I thought.  What is the method
that you use to gather your samples? Would a glass slide with a thin smear of
vaseline work? Then place it up on the roof of the house maybe? You are
counting them, but from what dimension of surface area do you make this
count?...1 inch, 1/2 inch etc.?  I might want to try a looksy from time to
time? From what I remember, micrometeorites appear to be round balls.  Any
other general characteristics to look for? Sounds like an interesting project
to work on during full moon periods.
George