[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) June Lyrids

One thing I would like to add about the June Lyrids and to add to Lew's
question:

I have also observed some activity from the radiant over the past years. I
did not totally agree with IMO removing the shower from the list, so I still
note JLYs in my observing logs that I send to AMS and ALPO, but count them
as sporadics when going to IMO. However, I also report them as JLYs to IMO
as a "Note" in case they ever go back to recognizing the shower. This may
allow them to re-evaluate the shower sometime down the road. I came up with
this "method" as a result of a discussion with Rainer Arlt, who serves as
the Director of the Visual Commission of IMO. As George mentioned earlier
though, the NAMN does not recognize this shower. But the 3-letter code is JLY...

Mark