[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) observation June 15/16

  I finally got my feet wet plotting meteors June 15/16. Athough I almost
gave up, I hung in there and observed and plotted 17 meteors in 2 hours.
I saw 3 or 4 June Lyrids (speed medium) from a radiant south and slightly
west of Vega. No doubt I would have seen more if I wasn't plotting (I still
think you see more if not plotting), but I understand and agree that minor
radiants should be plotted. I also saw 3 possible meteors from the Sgr. I
will look to see if I saw any from the 'xi Draconids'. Thanks again George
Z. for getting me off my butt to plot.

UT            Lm      Teff    JLyr    Sgr     Spo

5:45-6:50     6.2     1.00     2       2       6
6:50-7:53     6.2     1.00     1       1       5

Magnitude distribution:

       -1    0    1    2    3    4    5    TOTAL
JLyr    0    0    1    0    1    1    0      3
Sgr     0    0    0    1    1    1    0      3
Spo     0    0    1    1    5    3    1     11

GWG