[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observed again last night

Well, I had the opportunity to put in about 5 observing hours last night
until I was unexpectedly cut off by a massive cloud layer from Mexico...looks
tropical...I'm glad I'm done for a few days if it sticks around. I'm making
sure that I write on my future observing calendar that the nights of June 5/6
and 6/7 are very slow nights...March slow even. I plotted only 18 meteors
looking again towards the north.  I may have photographed a -2 sporadic...the
only noteworthy object for the night.  I'll have to keep my fingers crossed
until I develop that roll of film. No apparent unusual patterns materialized
either.  My next night will be for the July Pegasids... if anybody is trying
to coordinate...that will be on July 9/10 and 10/11...10/11 will be the peak.
 Oh! I saw comet Hale Bopp thru my 14X100 binoculars....still just looks like
a fuzz ball to me. Check out the coordinates first unless you are really
familiar with that part of the sky.  Several deep sky objects fooled me
yesterday until I looked it up and son of a gun, I was pegging M22 as Hale
Bopp the previous night.  later folks...I gotta check for leaks in my
eyelids.
George Z.