[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Status of hurricane from SC

Hi Everyone,

Hurricane Bertha, according to latest info I have is moving to the northwest
toward my meteor observing site...my front yard. Needless to say, there will
be no meteor observing going on for a few days.

Predictions have it moving toward land to the east of Charleston, again my
front yard, as I live about mid-way between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. It
is possible steering currents will move it farther north along its track,
but even so, they are warning that we will still experience hurricane force
winds as they stretch out 145 miles from the eye. Bottom line is that none
of the predictions are good for me. Evacuations are now being ordered,
stores are out of supplies, gas lines are miles long....oh are we having fun.

Anyway this is my last email message until at some point in the future when
I arise from the ashes. No way to tell how long this will be at the moment.
Anyone with a spare bedroom for a homeless observer?

For those of you with starry skies, keep an eye on the meteors for me....

Mark Davis