[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: -4 photographed Fireball

I just looked at the negatives after they dried that had  the -4 fireball I
mentioned photographing last night.  I've counted 29 brakes...the area where
I mentioned a nice flare?  well..dot it did flare, but the image I'm looking at
is no doubt that of the persistent train that brightly lasted 6 seconds...I
can tell that the breaks were a little crowded...I indeed wish the shutter
was going slower to at least the normal 2,100 RPM's instead of the 2600 that
it was doing last night. If the meteor was a fast meteor though, it probably
would have been just fine...I haven't checked its trajectory definitely, but
last night I noted it coming roughly from the Sagittarid radiant and it was
slow enough to be one.
George Z.