[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) rotating shutter mania (was Re: Neil Bones "Meteors")

<< Wayne, I'd be interested in your design once you've got the kinks out!
Also,
 Kevin, if your friend is interested in productionizing his shutter-making
 process, I might need to buy one off him... (See below. :>)

 Coincidentally, I'm working with a friend right now on a much smaller
shutter
 design than George's. I'm hoping to isolate it a bit and mount it on the
same
 tripod with my camera. It uses a little 12V motor off an old answering
machine,
 r >>
------
Lew,

You might want to keep the rotating shutter totally isolated from the camera
mount...I think you will run into vibrations if you don't...I'm not the
engineering type, but that was the problem I ran into. I know my design
resembles a Neanderthal approach...but it works.
George Z.