[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs and Debris

<< Hi, Tom. I agree that it would be nice. Probably the only totally reliable
way
 of doing this would be finding bolide trajectories, though, which means
either
 catching it on film, video, or radar I guess. Still, it would be great if
one of
 the zillion satellite prediction programs out there could be easily adapted
 predicting decays: this would be a good first check before one of us
reported a
 bolide to the Right Stuff Team out in Houston. Should we cross-post this to
the
 seesat-l list, do you think? Sounds like this would be up their alley...

------
Lew,

I think that would be too much for us to consider satellites etc before
contacting NASA.  If anyone would be more attuned to falling satellites you
would think it would be NASA themselves?  If they conclude it was a
satellite, let them make that decision.
George Z.