[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Transfer of knowledge (was Re: plot describe...

I planned to reemphasize the no pooling.
Thanx for reminding me!
Wayne
-------------
Original Text
From Mark Davis <MeteorObs@Charlestondot net>, on 7/22/96 2:57 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

SUBJECT too long. Original SUBJECT is '(meteorobs) Transfer of knowledge
(was Re: plot describe count)'

----------------------  Original Message Follows  ----------------------

>Don't know how much they can learn before the perseids, but I'm going to
>try and transfer as much knowledge as I can before then. While the
>observations this year may be *accuracy challenged*

The Perseids will be a good shower to try to spark some interest. You might
consider giving them a list of suitable stars for magnitude estimates and
of
course, the radiant location in relation to nearby stars. I am guessing
these folks are deep-sky types, so they shouldn't have trouble
'star-hopping' to those guideposts. Then it's just a matter of comparing
what they see to those stars. Don't forget...pooling data is a no-no... :>

Good Luck!
Mark Davis