[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) soul & science (was Re: plot describe count)

At 01:48 PM 7/29/96 -0400, Lew wrote:

>But believe it or not, there are a whole host of amateur astronomers out
there >- some very skilled and experienced as telescopic observers - who
know next to >nothing about meteor astronomy! In fact, for probably
thousands of old-hand >scope-jockies around the world, sitting out under the
stars on Aug 11/12, >facing North, and counting the shooting stars you see
IS meteor astronomy. It >seems like it would be a feat worth accomplishing,
just to recruit a few of >those trained eyes into the service of meteoric
science. (But then imagine the >traffic on meteorobs! :> / :<)

This is a good point Lew, as I know many telescopic observers that are very
meticulous about their note taking, whether for reporting to some group or
just for their own logs. (I am included here as I also deep-sky observe with
a 10" Dobsonian).

Send your "page turner" to the various lists. If you can recruit them...I
can handle the traffic jam! ;>

Mark Davis