[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Plotting During Major Showers

>As for Camelopardalis...that's got to be the black hole of calcutta...

Funny, I haven't had a problem with plotting meteors in that area! Mainly thanks
to the nice bright, well-oriented constellations around it: Cas, UMa, UMi, Dra,
Cep, all provide me with a pretty good yard-stick for my plots. Of course, so
far I generally only face that direction from DARK sites. From my usual pink sky
site near Medford, Cam is hardly a glint in the astrocartographer's eye. ;>

By the way, Bob, I second Mark's question about how you learned the sky so well!

Lew