[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Semi-automatic plotting

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the list. I hope to see you more often here. Also thanks for
posting your idea about the semi-automatic plotter. Below are some
"brainstorming" notes:

Cost would be a major factor...by "luggable" computer I am guessing you mean
a lap top which are somewhat expensive.

How accurate are today's encoders? Would it need aligning on 2 or more stars
several times during a session?

Might not be possible year round due to cold. Some of us observe all year,
no matter what the temps, possibly creating a computer problem.

What would be the apparent and actual field of the finder? If it's too
large, the plots would not be accurate enough. Too small, and can't see nothing.

The idea sounds interesting, and I suggest you continue to investigate it.
The above are just some things off the top of my head.

Mark Davis