[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Found a meteorite?

<< Has anyone on this list ever seen a meteor and actually found it after
 impacting with the ground?  If so, please tell us about it.  I know
 most of the meteors witnessed are too small to survive in Earth's air
 for very long, but I'm sure a few of those fireballs are an exception.
 This would also apply to artificial debris.

 Larry

----
Larry,
I have never witness a meteor and then find the meteorite...although I'm
convinced that I did see a meteor that did reach the ground in 1992, but
didn't have enough info from other people who seen it to aid in the hunt.
George Z.