[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Full Moon observing

Marji,

May I suggest that you observe for meteors when there are no full
moon?...unless a major shower is peaking at that time, your efforts will
probably yield minimal results? I tell all the NAMN observers to concentrate
their observations between 5 days after a full moon to 5 days prior  a full
moon...if you can't get an LM over 5.0  sit it out for awhile and prepare for
when it does get darker.  Right now we just experienced a "Mother of all Full
Moons" if you will.  The moon was closer to the earth than anytime this year
and it created a briter moon than normal as if we needed a brighter one to do
interference.
George Z.