[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) IMO Handbook

<< In the interest of the "new kids on the block" where is the quickest
avenue
 to obtain the IMO Handbook of Visual Meteor Observation? And the interest
 of others who might not thought about in a while.
 Marji

------
Marji,
I don't know what's the quickest, but for a starter you might want to contact
Ina Rendtel in Germany...she handles the money exchanging if you want to
purchase a handbook or pay dues for IMO membership etc. Contact her at:
 Jrendtel@aipdot de

 My latest understanding of it's price is: $20. it says on the back of my
latest copy of IMO's journal WGN that it "contains 310 pages of observing
instructions, hints and advices, analyzing procedures, general information
about meteors, a most carefully verified descriptive and historical review of
meteors steams etc... Atlas Brno Gnomonic meteor plotting atlas including the
complete southern hemisphere sky." etc.

You can also contact Ina and ask her about the availability of the IMO
Handbook for Photographic Meteor Observations.  I don't know it's price, but
I believe it is less than the handbook mentioned above?  If you have trouble
contacting her, I think she is presently with a group in Italy, but I don't
know when they are expected to get back.  Another person you can try
contacting is Peter Brown in Canada...His email address is:
peter@canlon.physics.uwodot ca

I can tell you now though, it will take awhile since your are having things
mailed across the ocean. But in the end, the books are worth it. Meanwhile,
you might want to contact Mark Davis when he gets back on the 5th about
having a copy of the NAMN guide book emailed to you. It's about 65 pages long
and has quite a bit in it really.
I would like to add however, the new IMO handbook has a lot of updates from
the previous one.  So...if you got an old one you might want to consider
updating?
George Z.