[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Florida Perseid outlook

>Back from Chicago and a 2-week absence.  I have no messages July 19-31,
reason unknown, so will visit the archive to catch up.  Had 107 messages
waiting as it was, just in August so far.

We came down from Atlanta overnight Aug 5/6 to have a more pleasant trip.
It's no fun driving in daylight with the intense Florida sun.  I felt like
crap anyway after nearly 600 miles, had to sleep it off and get to the
computer by late  evening.

Perseid outlook for peninsular Florida seems good.  SE flow right now is
pushing storms over the west coast in PM hours.  Still a lot of cirrus right
now, 1 AM.  Expected to change to SW flow in a couple of days, giving the
east coast most of the PM storms.  Should favor the west coast for the full
night.  I observe 25 miles inland so the AM showers off the Gulf won't reach
me.  Sky over Georgia was murky, becoming quite clean and blue in Fort
Myers. I hope to get my first decent look at the Perseids since 1990.

Norman