[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) UK weather

At 02:44 PM 8/7/96 +0100, Neil wrote:
>I think many of us would swap you guys in the US your mosquitoes for a high
>probability of clear skies - this summer has been marked by slow-moving
fronts >from Atlantic depressions, getting jammed as they hit the
continental high >pressure; we're under the boundary and have had a lot of
cloudy nights in >consequence. Our big hope is to be under clear skies for a
possible early peak
>from the Perseids around midnight UT on Sunday. Then again it may never
>happen....

Here along the southeast US coast, our problems have been the warm, moist
air coming up from the Gulf of Mexico, and like yours, they get stalled over
top of me. But I'll be out beginning August 8th, either observing or
checking the sky for clearing as needed, until the moon becomes unbearable.

I might swap a clear night for the mosquitoes...if you will also take the
fire ants... ;)

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net